New year, new project pan, lots of new exciting stuff in my monthly makeup bag. My 2018 project pan has come to an end. I had so much fun with it, but it’s nice to lay down all the products I’ve been using over and over again in 2018, and replace them with my 2019 project pan items! There will be a induction post coming shortly, and also a summary of my 2018 project pan and how it went, so stay tuned for that.
But for now let’s go through my January goodies!
I picked two eyeshdow palettes, both from my project pan. The Colourpop Fame palette is a beautiful cool toned neutral palette, and I wanted a cool toned palette in my project because I love cool tones in winter and changing things up are always nice. The second one it the old but famous Lorac Pro palette! I have already used this a lot back in the days when it was new, but I wanted to pull out this old friend again for my project pan. I already have one pan in this palette, so my goal is to reach a second pan.
For primers and foundations/BB Creams I picked two of each.
- The Ordinary High-Adherance Silicone Primer – I probably have just a week of use left in this primer, so I put it in this months bag just to finally finish it. Not the biggest fan of it. Does not seem to do that much for me.
- Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Oil – This one on the other hand I love! Such a nice hydrating primer, and perfect for winter when I can get a little dry.
- Holika Holika Petit BB Cream Moustruizing – Nice BB Cream that is a part of my project pan. Nice light coverage and comfy wear.
- Colourpop No Filter Foundation – Still not sure how I feel about this, but I did add it to my project pan. I want to use it to figure out if I like it enough to repurchase, or if I won’t miss it in my collection.
- Dior Diorskin Nude Natural Glow Fresh Powder – Amazing loose setting powder.
- Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Skin Perfecting Micro-Powder – This is one of my favorite powders. So fine milled and gives a beautiful look to the skin. Not sure if this will last me all month so that’s why I needed two.
- Smashbox Studio Skin 24 hour Waterproof Concealer – Nice brightening concealer. Don’t really need it to be waterproof, but it last long on the skin.
- Wet N Wild Photofocus Concealer – This is almost empty. Hope to finish this my the end of January. It’s OK, but I don’t love it so I just want to finish it.
Finally I get to play around with some more blushes!
- H&M Pure Radiance Powder Blush “Cantaloupe” – Beautiful, easy to wear fool proof everyday color. And it looks lovely on the skin!
- Physicians Formula Butter Blush “Rosy Pink” – Natural matte pink. These last very long on the skin, and again it’s so easy to apply. Perfect for busy mornings.
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush “Ethereal Glow” – These blushes are so beautiful I do understand why they get all that hype! Very soft pink color with a gorgeous glow!
- Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush “Journey” – The Tarte blushes have been a favorite for quite some time now. This is a nice peachy shade with a very soft satin finish. I am so happy to get to use so many of my favorite blushes this month after struggling so much with my project pan 2018 blush.
- Makeup Mekka Hypnotic Metallics Single highlighter “Glitz” – This is a new one that I barely swatches, so I am excited to try it out and see what I think of it.
- Zoeva Winter Strobe Spectrum – Perfect for winter I guess. And nice to have some options for highlighter.
- Kiko Flawless Fusion Bronzing Powder – My project pan bronzer. It’s pale enough so I can use it with ease even on my pale winter skin.
- Colourpop Super Shock Cheek Highlighter “Lunch Money” – My only project pan highlighter. As you can tell I already have quite a pan, so my goal is to finish this one completely. If I manage that it will be the first highlighter I complete, but the super shock formula is very easy to go through so I think I can make it.
All of the lip product this month is from my project pan! So I will get a good start by getting some use out of all of them!
- Estee Lauder High Gloss “Pearl” – Had this for so many years. It’s a bit pale for me so I think this will work best as a topper over other lipsticks.
- Too Faced Mood Swing Emotionally Activated Lip Gloss – Because it comes out almost clear but looks berry on the lips. Smells delicious too! It’s getting really old so I just want to finish it before it goes bad, but I really used to love this and wear it a lot!
- H&M Sheer Lipstick “Arabesque” – These lipsticks are fantastic if you want something sheer and easy to wear. Perfect for every day. I love this lippie and would be happy to pick up more shades.
- MAC Plushglass Lip Gloss – Shade name is worn of my it’s a nice pink.
- MAC Plushglass Lip Gloss – This one I also lost the shade name of, but it’s more of a purple gloss. These all came it a set a long time ago.
- MAC Plushglass Lip Gloss “Fashion Fanatic” – The only one that still has a name! A lighter pink gloss.
- Isadora Jelly Kiss Lipstick “Bare Bliss” – Old fave that is maybe getting too old so it”s time to use it up. Used to be an old favorite as well so it’s not that much left!
- Clinique Long Lasting GlossWear “Black Honey” – A gloss stick in one end and a liquid gloss in the other. Both in the iconic shade Black Honey.
Do you have a monthly makeup bag, or do you just use whatever you feel like?
Remember to find me on Instagram too!