New month means new products in my makeup bag I use to get ready to work. I have to rotate every month to make sure I get around to using more of my products instead of getting stuck on favorite products for ages. It is also an excellent opportunity to properly test out new makeup products, particularly those I aim to review. This month I got a mixture of new and old, and I even had to add one of my November favorites to the bundle.
I eventually got to pale to continue wearing my big favorite at the moment, Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra, so I had to put that one away for a while. I didn’t have any new face product to test out so they are all products I’ve had for a while and wanted to pick up and use again.
- The Saem – Eco Soul Real Fit Foundation: K-Beauty foundation I got maybe 6 months ago. The color is a good fit for me now, and the coverage is medium and the finish is almost matte.
- Lirikos Marine Radiance Double Cover: A more radiant foundation than the first one, so I have some options. Does not have double cover like the name implies, but a nice medium one. Also a Korean brand.
- Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Oil: One of my most treasured primers. Picked this one since I find that hydrating primers work better for me during winter months.
- Colourpop Aventurine Crystal Setting Spray: Giving this one a new chance. Did try it when I first got it but I found that the spritz is way too aggressive. If I can’t make if work it will be downgraded to a wetting-my-brush-spray instead of a setting-spray.
- History of Whoo Jewel Powder: This is the refillable travel compact because the powder comes in a gigantic container with 28 g of product. Really nice setting powder from a more luxurious Korean brand.
- Cover FX Custom Enhancer drops in Celestial: Beautiful liquid highlighter. Primarily plan on mixing it with foundation to get that glowing skin.
Blush, bronzer and highlighters:
So much good stuff in this category. A nice mix of favorite products and new items to test out. I am currently working on a review of the Colourpop blushes so I figured I would add them to my everyday bag to get a solid impression of the different shades. I just could not part with my Violet Voss Rose Gold highlighter palette even though I have used it a lot lately, it was even among my monthly favorites, besides I didn’t really have that many new highlighters to try so I can give this one some more love. I just need to keep using it a bit more since it is so so pretty. Besides I tend to like that blush-but-no-bronzer look when I am winter pale so I figured it was suitable with a palette that contained shades that also work as a blush-toppers. I still want that glow you know! But let me just go through all the products with you one by one.
- Isadora Bronzing Powder 94 Matte Tan: This is a bronzer I’ve used a lot and really like. It is so easy to apply, and the shade is not too dark or warm on me so it works great during winter. I just had to give this old favorite some love.
- Makeup Revolution Dragons Heart highlighter: Orange and warm highlighter that I imagine works more as a blush-topper. Never tried it but excited to test it out. Looks a bit too glittery and chalky though.
- Violet Voss Pro Highlighter Rose Hold: Featured in my November favorites, and still not able to put it back in the drawer. Need some more playtime with this in December.
- Colourpop custom blush palette: Shade names are Why Hello, Parakeet, Weirdough, Noodle, Glass Slipper and Main Chick. A nice selection of shades and a chance to properly test out the Colourpop pressed pan blush formula.
The most exciting part of the makeup bag is the new eyeshadow palettes I will play around with. I bought a bunch of Zoeva palettes lately and even though I cant put them all in my bag I look forward to play around with these to create my everyday makeuplooks, that for the record are a lot more wearable than the looks I present to you in this blog! Everyday-me is different than bold-and-creative-me.
- Lancôme Volume-à-porter Mascara: Same mascara as last months makeup bag. I like it!
- Zoeva Brow Spectrum: Handy brow-palette with every shade I need, including some stunning brow bone highlighters.
- Zoeva Matte Eyeshadow Palette: Palette with matte warm oranges, reds and browns. Nice for warm everyday looks I think.
- Zoeva Opulence Eyeshadow Palette: Nice selection om wearable shimmers and a few pops of color.
- KIKO Color Impact Eyeshadow Palette 01 Lounge Warm Tones: Nice 6-shade palette with three mattes and three shimmers. This one is several years old and the formula is amazing. It looks like I may have a chance on hitting pan on one of the shades this month!
- Zoeva Eyeshadow Fix Matte: Because the bag needs a primer.
- Zoeva Graphic Brow Fix: And a brow gel to keep everything in place.
These products I am excited to play more with. 4 liquid lipsticks from three different brands in addition to two bullet lipsticks. Most of these products I haven’t had a chance to play with yet, so maybe I will discover a new favorite shade? Exciting!
- Bare Minerals Matte Liquid lipstick in Cookie: Just tried this out shortly and first impression is good. They smell really good and the shade is nice. I kind of just want to smell it though!
- Bare Minerals Matte Liquid Lipstick in Smooch: Same as above.
- Makeup Revolution Retro Luxe Matte Lip Kit in shade Echelon: A set with both lip liner and liquid lipstick. Obviously very inspired by Kylie lip-kits and I have no idea of what to expect. But the color is pretty!
- Guerlain Intense Liquid Matte M06: I know what to expect from this one. This is a beautiful non-drying liquid lipstick, the shade is new to me, but I bought it because I have another one I really love.
- Makeup Revolution Life On The Dance Floor Guest list in shade Stiletto: I think this is a part of their Christmas Collection? Packaging is really pretty and so is the shade.
- Makeup Revolution Renaissance Lipstick in shade Luxe: Tried this formula before and I like it, but the shade is new.
I think I mentioned them all now! All the nice things I will do my makeup with. I really enjoy putting together these monthly makeup bags because it really motivates me to do my makeup in the morning when I know I have exciting stuff to play around with. Do you do something similar to mix up what products you use?