New month means new makeup bag! I am always excited to have a new set of items to play with at the beginning of every month. I am a bit indecisive about what to do in the future though. The reason is that I started doing these monthly makeup bags because I run to work every morning. 5 kilometers each way, and then I get ready at work and need some stuff there. In April when we move things will be a bit different. I will have a 30 minutes drive by car to get to work from our new house. That means I will be getting ready at home. I will also have space to make a proper makeup room with a vanity and all, so i don’t know what I will be doing regarding rotating my makeup. Maybe I will just pick and choose every morning. Or maybe I will switch up the content of my daily makeup bag more often and there won’t be any monthly makeup bag to show off. Being able to rotate through my entire collection does indeed sound a bit tempting so I am not entirely sure what to do. Maybe this will be the last “What’s In My Makeup Bag” post. Let me know if you have any suggestions below!
Anyways, let’s talk about the picks I did for April!
- A’Pieu Natural BB Cream: This one has both good coverage and a matte finish. I would say that’s quite rare for a BB Cream, but I really like it! My plan is to try to mix if with the Colourpop one, because I figured I don’t love it and mixing it with this BB Crema could be my way of using it up (and I have to do that since it’s in my project pan!).
- Colourpop No Filter Foundation: Speaking about the Colourpop foundation. I don’t really like it. It took me a looong time to figure it out. It looks nice to start with but it does not wear well on my. After 5-6 hours it looks pretty rough. I am hoping mixing it with A’Pieu will help.
- Smashbox Primer Oil: This one I really like! I usually have pretty normal skin, but something has been off lately, and it turned pretty dry. I am hoping this will give the moisture I need and help the foundation sit better.
- Maybelline Master Fix Setting + Perfecting Loose Powder: This one is new! I have never used it! But I am planning on using it to set my concealer, since a reagular pressed powder easily can look a bit too heavy. I am 32 years old and I don’t need help looking older, so a fine milled loose powder it is!
- Lancôme Poudre Majeure Excellence: A project pan powder I will put in my bag for another rotation. I like it, but I don’t like it enough to repurchase once it’s gone. Because it’s expensive.
Look at all the highlighter and blush goodies I will play with! So excited!
- Makeup Revolution Jelly Highlighter – Monumental: I love this. Enough said!
- Kiko Flawless Fusion Bronzer Powder: This is also in my project pan! It’s just perfect for me when I am winter pale! And so easy to use.
- Revolution Pro Supreme Highlighter – Ice: This one is new, but I already have another one in another color that is incredible. These shades are more suited for me during winter. I hope the formula is the same as the other one because then I know I will love it.
- Revolution Pro Skin Finish – Luminesence: Can be a very subtle highlighter or dusted all over the face for a natural radiant glow. It reminds me a lot of the Hourglass powder everyone loves.
- L’Oreal Glow Mon Amour: I decided to put this in my makeup bag because I just happened to try to use this as a primer under a matte foundation the other day. And I absolutely loved the result! So I want to do that many times over again.
- The Balm Balm Springs Blush: I adore The Balm blushes. This is a nice neutral shade that will go with anything.
- YSL Creme De Blush: A beautiful cream blush. I have this in two colors and they have both been beloved favorites for many years. It deserves a month in my makeup bag.
- MAC Extra Dimension Blush – Faux Sure!: This color look completely different than in the pan. On my skin it’s a soft coral peach with a really nice glow. It was a birthday present from my sister and I want to show it some love this month.
- L’Oreal Life Is a Peach Blush: Because I also need a matte peachy blush.
- MAC Pigment – Copper Sparkle: This is a good old one. I want to try to use my single eyeshadows and pigments more (I always do) so I decided to pull it in. It will go nicely with the palette I picked too.
- MAC Pigment – Vanilla: This one is such a classic! Pulling it in my bag for the same reason as Copper Sparkle.
- MAC Plushglass – Fashion Fanatic: This one is almost gone! I am going to try to finish it this month!
- MAC Plushglass – Girl Loves Boy: Another project pan gloss I will continue to work on.
- MAC Plushglass – I Love You: Also another project pan gloss I will continue to work on.
- NYX Powder Puff Lippie – Squad Goals: A favorite from NYX! It’s been a while since I used it so time to do that again.
- Maybelline Snapscara: The new mascara from Maybelline. I haven’t even tried it. I am hoping after one month I have tested and tried it enough to write a review about it.
- Sephora Jumbo Liner – White: This is sooo old. And I never use it. I will try this month though.
These are the eyeshadows I will play with. One palette, and one Z-palette with 9 self picked shades from Colourpop and Looxie. The palette I am sure you recognized as Tarte Tartelette Toasted. It’s in my project pan and now I am pulling it in to get some damage done!
And I almost forgot to show of the concealer I will be using so I sneaked it in the last picture with the palettes. It’s off course Maybelline FitMe Concealer.
That’s all for this month. Please let me know how you think I should proceed with these posts in the future. Should I continue with my monthly makeup basket or do something else? I could for instance just pick from my collection and my the end of the month do a roundup of the products I used and what I think of them like mini mini reviews. Decisions are hard, any input would help!