This is one of the thing I look most forward to when we get into a new month. Getting a fresh set of makeup in my everyday makeup bag to play with. This is really something that helps motivate me to use makeup on an everyday basis. Just mixing things up and getting something new (or old) to focus on.
These are my base makeup items. With the exception of the primer all of these items are in my project pan.
- Maybelline FitMe Concealer – We all know this one right? It just blends so well and looks so nice and refreshing under the eye. I don’t have that much left, I am hooping it will last me through the month, but I will absolutely pick up a new one once it’s gone.
- Lancôme Poudre Majeure Excellence Face Powder – This one is also really nice, but the price it too much for me to repuchase since I have a lot of other ecxpensive powders I prefer, but I will use and enjoy it while it lasts.
- Colourpop No Filter Foundation – This was not quite a hit for me. Itæs not bad but it does not stand out. That’s why I put it in my project pan, to use it up. I doubt I will repurchase it though. The color is not the best either, It’s slightly too yellow, but with powder and bronzer on top I can make it work.
- NYX Angel Veil – One of my favorite drugstore brushes for evening out the skin.
- Charlotte Tilbury Flawless Finish Airbrush Powder – One of my favorite pressed powders. I am almost out of it and it makes me sad!
I loooove the blushes I selected for this month! They are all so lovely to wear.
- Benefit World O’Blushes – This one has three blushes (classics from the Benefit selection) and their famous Hoola brozer. So this also holds my bronzer for this month.
- YSL Blush Volupte “Heart Of Light” – A bright pink high quality blush. I love wearing bright pinks in winter.
- MaryKay Baked Cheek Powder “Giving Heart” – This is a glowy blush. I looove glowy blushes.
I may have gone a little bit over board with highlighters this month but I wanted to add them all because they all look great on my winter skin tone, and I have to take advantage of that little time I have left with my pale winter skin. Spring will be here in like two months after all.
- Huda Beauty Winter Solstice Palette – This one has some fun shades and also a cream to use as a base. I havent used this since last winter so it was time to pull it out again.
- Colourpop Super Shock Highlighter “Lunch Money” – This is my only project pan highlighter. It’s prefect for every day or as a base for other more intense highlighters.
- Physicians Formula Butter Highlighter “Pearl” – This one is so lovely. I should really look into getting one or two more of the shades. Love how it looks, and the formula is so smooth and…buttery.
- Colourpop Pressed Powder Highlighter “Twinkles” – This is an amazing pink duochrome blush with a blue shift. And surprisingly wearable, but it works best when I don’t have a tan. Like now.
And here are my lipstick picks for March. I am working on my project pan lippies as best as I can, but I added one additional lippie just to be able to mix things up a little bit. But I had 7 lippies in my project pan, I am now down to six, but will I really use less then two months average on each product over the year? Well, can’t to much about it except keep working on it.
- Catrice Long Lasting Lip Pencil – For the first time ever I am adding a lip pencil! To be honest wearing a lip pencil is not a habit of mine, but I figured it could be a nice way to change up the looks of some of the lip glosses. Besides I have a few lip pencils in my collection so I really should try to incorporate them into my routine some times. So I am excited to see how many times I can remember to use this.
- Colourpop Blur Lux Lipstick “Y2K” – My first Lux lipstick in this formula. I am still not sure what to think of it. So I have to use it a few times to make up my mind. The color is a nice wearable one for every day though. Just need to test and try the formula a bit more.
- H&M Sheer Lipstick “Arabesque” – I don’t have much left of this lipstick now! Hoping to be completely done with this by the end of the month.
- MAC Plushglass Lip Gloss “I ❤ U” – This is a light purple gloss. More on the sheer side so it’s quite wearable even though lilac is not my preferred shade.
- MAC Plushglass Lip Gloss “Fashion Fanatic” – Bright baby pink gloss. Also a project pan gloss. I am half way through this.
- MAC Plushglass Lip Gloss “Bubble Tea” – This light pink gloss I have about 1/3 or 1/4 left of. I am thinking about focusing my attention on this and maybe finish it by the end of March.
- Clinique Long Lasting Gloss Wear “Black Honey” – I think I realized I am not really in love with this. I mean, the color is really nice, it’s the iconic Black Honey shade after all (it was super popular some years ago, anyone remember that?). I like the gloss stick side, but the gloss side is so sticky. You know that kind of sticky that grabs your hair. Well, I am stuck with it for a while now since it’s in my project pan, and I am not giving up.
- Estee Lauder High Gloss “Pearl”– I am hoping I will get some more use out of this is I pair it with the lip liner. I think the color is slightly too light, but I am hoping that using it together with the lip liner will make me use it more often.
And finally, the eyeshadows!
- Zoeva Blanc Fusion – Time to pull out a new palette from the project pan and get to work. This one is barely used so my goal is to hit pan in one shade through the year. A simple neutral palette with a yellow shimmer pop!
- NYX Full Throttle Palette “Take Over Control” – I figures this little quad would pair nicely with Blanc Fusion, and a black is always handy.
- MAC Mineralize Eyeshadow – And just to get some use out of my single shadows I threw this in as well. A simple champagne shade.
And that’s the whole bundle I will focus on in March. Do you have a product you want to get some extra use out of this month?