I did this blog series in 2018 and it seemed to be very popular. Basically I just go through my collection part by part and show pictures about every single item in each category. The reason for this is not to show of my makeup to brag about how much I have. I just love looking at peoples collections in YouTube videos and blogs and I surely cannot be the only one. Collection videos and declutter videos are among my favorites to watch. Besides now that already done it one previous year I can compare to the year before and see how much my collection has grown or been reduced in each category.
Today it’s all about eyeshadow palettes, but in order not to make this post a mile long I have divided them into big and small eyeshadow palettes, which is less than 10 shades. The rest of them will be in another post. So, here are my tiny eyeshadow palette collection!
- The Balm Meet Matt(e) Ador.
- The Balm Meet Matt(e) Trimony.
- The Balm Meet Matt(e) Nude
Trimony is the open one because that one is my favorite. These are nice all matte palettes with all neutral tones.
Then are some older limited edition Kiko Milano palettes I got on holiday in Italy probably 6 or 7 year ago (yay for sanitizing spray) and some NYX Quads I totally forgot I had!
- Kiko Color Impact Eyeshadow Palette – 02 Street Taupe Variation.
- Kiko Color Impact Eyeshadow Palette – 03 Bright Night Lights.
- Kiko Color Impact Eyeshadow Palette – 04 Rainy Smoky Shades.
- NYX Full Throttle Eyeshadow Palette – Take Over Control.
- Kiko Color Impact Eyeshadow Palette – Lounge Warm Tones.
- NYX Full Throttle Eyeshadow Palette – Stunner.
And some more quads, among them my only eyeshadows from The Body Shop. The rest are limited edition Kiko Milano Quads.
- Color Fever Eyeshadow Palette – 02 Luxurious Golds and Plum.
- The Body Shop Eyeshadow Palette – Swinging Silver.
- Color Fever Eyeshadow Palette – 08 Voluptous Violet.
- Kiko Color Fever Eyeshadow Palette – 101.
- Kiko Color Seduction Eyeshadow Palette – 05 Astonishing Emerald.
- Kiko Color Fever Eyeshadow Palette – 100.
Do you guys remember these old Urban Decay palettes? I remember I used to collect them during the last year of my bachelor degree. That’s a long time ago! These are not used much, but I can’t part with them! I was so proud of these cool little palette because I was just starting to grow my high-end collection and I could not afford much at the time, so my collection grew very slow and these palettes were highly treasured. They bring back so many memories now!
- Urban Decay – The Fun Palette.
- Urban Decay – The Dangerous Palette.
- Urban Decay – The Feminine Palette.
- Urban Decay – The Black Palette.
- Urban Decay – The Vegan Palette.
- Urban Decay – Deluxe Shadow Box.
And here is another nice mix of older palettes. The one from Dior I just had to keep closed because the packaging is so beautiful. The inside is just one pink and one white shade in addition to a lip color, but I got this for Christmas when I was 15 years old by my granddad that passed away a few months ago. So I am never getting rid of that even though it is 15+my age old (which is way to old for makeup).
- Tarina Tarantino Sparklicity Gold Palette.
- Clarins Eye Quartet Mineral Eye Palette Long-Lasting – Rosewood.
- Tarina Tarantino Jewel Eyeshadow Palette – Wonderful.
- MAC 6 Twists of Tartan Eye Shadows.
- Dior Me Dior Me Not Lip & Eye Color Palette.
- YSL Bayadere Style Eye Shadow.
- Dior 5 Couleurs Couture Color Eyeshadow Palette – Stylish Move.
- Dior 5 Couleurs Couture Color Eyeshadow Palette – Blue Lagoon.
These are my Estee Lauder eyeshadows. These are also quite old. I used to wear those quads all the time during my master thesis. I am so close to hitting pan some of them actually. I do pick these up from time to time and wear them for good times sake.
- Estee Lauder Five Color Eyeshadow Palette – Blue Dahlia.
- Estee Lauder Five Color Eyeshadow Palette – Violet Underground.
- Estee Lauder Five Color Eyeshadow Palette – Surreal Violet.
- Estee Lauder Signature Quad – Black Smoke.
- Estee Lauder Signature Quad- Berry Quartz.
- Estee Lauder Signature Quad – Amber Honey.
And some more fancy old palettes!
- Chanel Les 4 Ombres – 41 Facination.
- YSL 5 Colour Harmony For Eyes – WOIA.
- Guerlain Ecrin 6 Couleurs – Champs-Elysees.
- NARS Day And Night Palette.
- NARS Ride Up To The Moon.
- Chanel Les 4 Ombres – 14 Mystic Eyes.
I actually had the NARS Ride Up To The Moon in my monthly makeup bag in the end of 2018. I actually really love the quality.
I ran out of logical ways to compose some of these palettes so here you get a very random mix in one picture.
- Urban Decay Skull Shadow Box.
- Urban Decay – The Theodora Palette.
- Clinique Colour Surge Eye Shadow Eyes To Go.
- Too Faced Candy Bar – Thin Mints.
- Sugarpill Burning Hearts Quad.
I figured with this Too Faced palettes it was almost better to show the outside (they are mostly neutral anyway). These are all in the old cardboard packaging like they used to do them in the old days. It’s the same thing with these as with the old Urban Decay palettes. I started collecting them during my bachelor degree, so these are getting pretty old.
- Too Faced Summer Eye.
- Too Faced Romantic Eye.
- Too Faced Smoky Eye.
- Too Faced Naked Eye.
- Too Faced Natural Eye,
- Too Faced Matte Eye.
I am usually more drawn to bigger palettes than smaller. The typical size I prefer is between 12-16 shades. So I don’t pick up these smaller ones too often, but I got a few during last year.
- Huda Beauty Emerald Obsessions.
- Obsession London – Love.Every.Shade Palette.
- Obsession London – If In Doubt Be A Unicorn.
And finally, my smaller Colourpop palettes, which was also new since I did this post last year!
- Colourpop – Brown Sugar.
- Colourpop – Sol.
- Colourpop – Oh La La.
- Colourpop – Lit.
- Colourpop – Mar.
- Colourpop – Wet.
Last year I did a similar post as I mentioned, but I did not add all the palettes that I did now. I just made a post with small palettes but I only counted those who had 3-6 shades. You can read the post here. That means that comparing numbers is a bit meaningless since I do it a bit different this year by putting every palette with less than 10 shades in this category. The total count of small palettes is 61. Luckily my memory is not that bad so I know that 9 of these palettes are new this year, meaning I went from 52 small eyeshadow palettes in 2018 to 61 in 2019.
That is quite some growth, although my eyeshadow collection is the one that is increasing the most, and all palettes I picked up since last count are all cheap.
I always tend to be more interested in a little bit bigger palettes. Between 12 and 16 shades are perfect, so I don’t really pick up smaller palettes that often, although I am sure I will pick up almost everything Colourpop release also in 2019. Besides I am considering another one of those Huda palettes.
In your opinion, what is the perfect size of a palette?