I just love going through my makeup at the beginning of every month to pick out all the items I want to put in my everyday makeup bag. This will be the makeup I use to get ready for work. I will off course use other stuff for evening makeup, weekend or when I just want to be a bit creative and play with makeup, but the items in my monthly makeup bag will help me get my daytime makeup looks.
As always I am exited to refresh the content of my makeup bag. Some old, some new and some well loved favorites are in the mix. here is what I picked out!
- NARS Liquid Illuminator “Orgasm” – This will be more like a liquid glowy blush. Had this for years, and I actually don’t think I ever used it! I haven’t even swatched it! So time to put it to use!
- Chanel Correcteur Perfection Concealer – One of my favorite concealers! It’s just everything I want it to be. Percetion is the right name for it!
- Guerlain Lingerie De Peau Foundation – Also my favorite foundation. Makes the skin look very natural, and it feels so light weight on the skin it’s a joy to wear it.
- Prestige Makeup Gold Base – A gold primer. Hydrates the skin, and is also supposed to make it firmer, although can’t say I really noticed that effect.
- Makeup Mekka Mist Spray – Just something to give a finishing spray to the end result. Haven’t tried this before so I have no idea how it will perform.
- Too Faced Chocolate Soleil – Still working on this for my project pan. This is my last chance to end it before the year is passed. Fingers crossed!
- Guerlain Les Voilettes Loose Powder – A beautiful fine milled powder to set the base.
- Maybelline Chrome Extreme Highlighter “Sandstone” – A stunning intense highlighter I just picked up. For the days when I really want to glow!
- Glominerals globlush “Papaya” – My never ending project pan blush. I will give this to the end on the month and hope I will be able to see some pan. I doubt it though because it just seems to take forever.
- Makeup Mekka How We Dew Highlighter – A beautiful trio of glowy highlighters. This one is new and only swatches but it looks so stunning, and it’s great as it can be both subtle and build up to a more intense glow. It does not have any glitter or shimmer either which is my preference.
- Makeup Mekka Bambi Lashes Mascara – This one is also brand new, and never tried a mascara from this brand before. Keeping my fingers crossed it will be good.
- Makeup Mekka Maximum Brows – A fiber gel with color. Tried it once and I really like it and since my everyday makeup stash was missing a brow gel I figured it was a good idea. I think this one will be one of the permanent items like the eyeliners of basic colors that I never are.
- Makeup Revolution Haunted Liquid Highlighter “Paranormal” – From the Makeup Revolution halloween collection. Isn’t this skull shaped bottle something else! Nice on its own or mixed in the foundation.
- Beauty Bay Evolve Eyeshadow Palette – This huge thing is a review in progress. I figured it was a good idea to add this to my everyday makeup bag since it will give me a nice chance to work my way through all the colors and test it out properly. It does have plenty of wearable shades for everyday looks so I should be set.
- NARS Ride Up To The Moon Eyeshadow Palette – In case I want to mix things up and want to use a tiny palette I added this old thing. Nice to get some use out of older palettes too!
- KissMe Liquid Lipstick “Numero Uno” – Nothing like a nice nude liquid lipstick. This brown toned warm nude is perfect for everyday.
- KissMe Liquid Lipstick “Relevant” – A slightly darker nude than the previous, but still nice for everyday wear.
- H&M Lush Lip Vinyl “Tuscan Blush” – A very pigmented and comfy gloss with a nice color.
- Colourpop Ultra Satin Lips “Alyssa” – A Colourpop classic. Such a beautiful pinky nude. Not as long lasting as the KissMe Liquid Lipsticks, but it’s comfy to wear and a perfect color.
- Nakeup Face C-Cup Tox-Tick Lipstick “Stalker” – What a name right? Just a nice standard bullet lipstick that is fairly long lasting while still comfortable. They look super luxurious too!
- MAC Lipstick “Syrup” – This lipstick is a must have everyday lippie if you like MAC lipsticks!
I am excited to get to focus on these items this month. It’s a nice way to get to know new products well, and to show some love to old favorites!
Do you have something you are trying to get some extra use out of this December?