New month means new stuff in my makeup bag! If you are not familiar with this concept it means that I pick out a selection of products to do a full face of everyday makeup and keep it in a makeup bag accessible to use every weekday for my more causal everyday makeup.
I really like doing this because it gives me a chance to really focus on a selection of products to either pan then or maybe test them out properly for a review. I will use other products for creative makeup, evening or weekend makeup, but these items is what I will focus on for my everyday makeup on week days.
For my base makeup I picked out a little more than I usually do.
- Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra Wear – This is a nice shade when I am a tiny bit tan and that suits me nicely right now. Besides I am finished with all my project pan foundation this year and I can pick and choose just what I like. I really like this one!
- Wet N Wild Photo Focus Foundation – This one is a bit lighter than my option above. I figured I needed a lighter one in case I can’t be bothered maintaining my tan with self tanner (it was snowing this week d so summer is officially over).
- Revolution Fast Base Stick Foundation – I wrote a review of this last week raving about it, so this is a favorite of mine. It’s almost gone so I may be able to finish the last bit this month.
- Revolution Conceal & Define Concealer – I love this concealer. But I am almost running out and I want to finish it completely. I do have a new one in the mail, so I have already repurchased this.
- Catrice Liquid Camouflage HIGH Coverage Concealer – This one is also a favorite concealer of mine. I think I will run out of the Revolution one before October is over so I needed two.
- History of Woo Jewel Powder – This is my project pan powder and it’s HUGE! I have been using it every day for the entire year. I should be able to finish it before December is over. I do like this powder, but the packaging is too big and bulky.
I also got the Mario Badescu Facial Spray, camouflaged in the Makeup Revolution bottle because the spray on this is much better than the one on the original bottle. And the primer of the month is The Ordinary High-Adherence Silicone Primer. To be honest I just want to finish this and get it out of my collection. It’s not bad, I just feel like it does not do much, and I have better primers. I think I am about half way through so I hope to do some damage on this.
I got some really fun stuff among my different face powders like blush, highlighter and bronzer.
- Glominerals Globlush “Papaya” – My never ending project pan blush. My goal this year was just to get some pan showing. I have used this so much all year now and it barely shows so I am losing hope, but I am not giving up!
- Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer – Also this is a project pan product. I was so sure I would hit pan on this in September but it never happened. I am sure to see some pan this month!
- Essence Pure Nude Highlighter “Be My Highlight” – This is a big big favorite. I just love the subtle glow it gives. And if I want more glow I can easily top it with another highlighter for extra glow and dimension.
- Colourpop Crush On You Super Shock Highlighter Palette – This one is fresh and new and I’ve only swatched it so far. This month I will get some good use out of it. All the shades look so pretty!
- Colourpop Blush& Highlighter Duo – I have no idea what this one is called because there’s no name anywhere, but it’s nice!
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Neuanced – A pretty soft blush with a glow. I plan to wear this on its own and to pair it with “Papaya” as a blush-topper.
I guess this month is all about nudes, at least during daytime. I love darker berries, reds and plum for fall but will save that for the evenings. This is what I will enjoy during the day!
- Soph X Revolution Lipstick “Cake” – A light brown nude in a cream lipstick.
- Soph X Revolution Lipstick “Syrup” – A medium brown nude.
- Colourpop Luxe Lipstick “What’s Your Sign” – From Kathleen Lights and Colourpops Zodiac collection.
- KissMe “Hot Tea” Gloss – A nice warm brown nude gloss. Because some days it’s nice to just throw on a gloss and not worry about lipsticks.
- L’Oreal Shine Delicieux Lipstick – My project pan lipstick. My final one to finish! I only have a little bit left now, and hope to finish it sometime in October.
- Colourpop Lippie Stix “Toasty” – It’s been a long time since I used one of my lippie stix, but I really like them! this one I got for free with one of my orders from Colourpop because it was late.
And finally, the eyeshadows I will play with!
- Zoeva Café Eyeshadow Palette – This is brand new and I didn’t even swatch it. So I will give it a proper test run now. That green is calling my name!
- Anastasia Modern Renaissance – Cult product, and also a part of my project pan. My goal was to hit pan on one shade, so strictly spoken I already reached my goal with this, but I just want to get some more use out of it. I don’t really have any hopes to pan any of the other shades though.
- Z-palette with Colourpop singles – I love picking out a few single shades to throw in my makeup bag as well. They are unfortunately too easy to forget. I picked out a nice selection of basic shades and shimmers. All from Colourpop!
Do you have any specific product you decided to focus on this month? Or do you pick out a monthly basket as well?