September and fall is finally here. I love fall with all the beautiful colors and crisp fresh air. I much prefer this season to summer actually! I am looking forward to fresh mountain bike rides with colorful leaves all over, to ride my horse in the forest, and to sit in a wooden heated sauna and relax. I look forward to the dark fall lipstick shades and the fall makeup looks. What do you like about fall? Anyway, let’s talk makeup bag!
This month I decided to leave my project pan palettes out of the bag. I already hit pan on Colourpop Yes Please and Anastasia Modern Renaissance, and the palettes I have left are Certifeye Tropical Wonders which is not my style for my makeup looks for work (I tend to go quite neutral believe it or not), and Zoeva En Taupe which is too cool-toned for my tan skin right now (You will be hearing more about this soon). So I got a few fun palettes to play with instead.
I choose three palettes. First Urban Decay Naked Heat, because I used it a few times when it was new and then forgot about it. It got way less use than it deserve because it is a beautiful palette. I figured the warm browns and neutrals would be good now for my tan skin (I will keep mentioning this tan until it disappears. Just so you know).
I also picked Tarte Make Belive In Yourself, because these soft colored metallic shades are perfect everyday colors in my opinion. And it’s a bit fun to incorporate some color in your everyday makeup as well. Sadly this is limited edition, but I hope Tarte brings it back. This is one of their better palettes, and for once it actually have some colors!
The third palette is Zoeva Artisto Eyeshadow Palette. Also this one has some colors, but they are quite muted and wearable and should be a good colorful option for everyday wear as well.
The Zoeva Artisto Blush Palette has one very warm matte blush, a similarly colored shimmery blush and a banana powder. This one is new to me but I think the colors will work on me now that I am tanned (yes, I said it again) while in winter they will be too dark.
For my face base I selected this little bunch!
- History Of Woo Jewel Powder – Still working on this for my project pan. It’s just so huge! But I enjoy the powder and don’t mind at all that I have quite a bit left.
- Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Play Makeup Foundation (Shell Beige) – I really enjoy the double wear formula and this is a nice color for me now that I’m tan (again). If also has SPF 10, and I always appreciate that in ly face makeup. We can still get a bit of sun in September too after all.
- Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Flawless Wear Concealer – I think I had this in my makeup bag in July, at least it was recent, but I found it appropriate since I picked the matching foundation.
- Hourglass Strobe Lighting Powder (Brilliant Strobe Light) – Love this powder and the all over glow it gives. I use it almost like a setting powder only that I focus it on the parts of my face I want highlighted.
And these are the rest of my face powders.
- Too Faced Chocolate Soileil Bronzing Powder – I hope to hit pan this month. I don’t think I have too much left before I do because I can see the pattern in the tin pan, I Just don’t see any tin. This is a project pan item for those of you wondering.
- Inglot Jennifer Lopez Illuminator (Livin’ The Highlight) – Loose highlighters are not my go-to, but for some strange reason I felt I needed this. I don’t know why because I don’t feel very strongly towards either Jennifer Lopez or Inglot, but the combination for some reason intrigued me. Besides I want to glow like J-lo off course. So I bring this in my bag to try it out.
- Glominerals Globlush (Papaya) – The project pan blush that will never end, or never show any wear actually. This is never ending, but I won’t give up. I still have September, October, November and December to try to get a pan. Wish me luck!
- MAC Extra Dimension Skinfinish (Whisper of Gilt) – This one I’ve tried a bit, and I love it! It’s also perfect for my summer tan (is it getting too much now?) since it’s such a lovely golden shade.
And some essentials too!
- Revolution Pro Fix Illuminatin Fixing Spray – Or maybe not! This one is actually empty but I refilled this with my Mario Badescu facial spray because that bottle is huge, and this is nice and handy!
- Aritaum All Day Lasting Primer – To be honest I don’t notice the world of a difference with this. I just use it because it has SPF 44, and I want my skin to be protected against the September sun as well, especially since I am outside most of the day.
- L’Oreal Paradise Pomade Extatic (Light Blonde) – This is kind of too light for me, but I got it on sale for next to nothing. I may make it work for everyday wear when I don’t want a strong brow.
- L’Oreal Mega Volume Miss Hippie Mascara – Because I need a mascara and this one works to my satisfaction.
- H&M Brow Maker Duo (Ash Brown) – Because I need a back up in case the L’Oreal one just does not work. This has a perfect color for me. Besides it has a brow gel which I need.
And lastly, all the fun lippies! I know I should be working on my project pan lippie, but I only got one of those left, and I feel that the color is not very suitable on me right now because you know….tan. So I will pick up working on it later this year. I think I just got a few weeks left of usage in it so I should be fine. In the mean time I get to play around with a bunch of new ones!
- Colourpop Ultra Blotted Lip ( Vitamin Sea) – I love the blotted lip formule for work appropriate looks. I just thinkt they are so flattering, and kind of unique. The lips look super super matte, like you had powder on top of them, and blotted at the same time. Love the look! This shade is a part of the summer collection that I didn’t try so I am exited.
- Colourpop ultra Blotted Lip ( Soda Pop) – Exactly the same as above.
- KissMe Liquid Lipstick (Hakuna Moscato) – A nice nude pink liquid lisptick.
- KissMe Lipgloss (Yatchie) – A clear gloss with a pink/blue shift that is not too over the top. Really pretty.
- Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick ( Celebrity Skin) – Superior dry-down formula in a nice nude.
- Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick (Androgyny) – Same as above, just a bit darker.
- Dose Of Colors (Stone) – One of my favorites in August, but I want to continue using it.
- H&M Creme Lipstick (Cream Chestnut) – Underrated affordable but great formula in a nice nude.
That’s all I think! As usual I am excited to start a new month with new contend in my makeup bag, It’s fun to switch things up , and also to be able to focus on a limited amount of products. I do off course play around with makeup that I need to do reviews of and do looks with, but these are the items I use for my everyday work makeup.
Do you have a monthly makeup bag or basket to help you focus on some products? Or are you just winging it?