June has been awfully considering weather (pretty good otherwise though). Here where I live we even broke an old precipitation record for June from all the way back in the 60’s. In other words. Things have been pretty grey and wet and I am not sure I remember what the sun looks like.
My sunscreen is ready though and I am hoping for sunny days and packed my makeup bag accordingly.
So lets take a look at the stuff I will be using!
- History of Woo Jewel Powder: Once again this is in my monthly makeup bag because I am trying to pan it. A good light weight powder though, so it works well for summer too.
- Bergamo Magic Snail B. B Cream: Also a project pan, but I have become such a fan of it that I am happy to continue using it. It gives medium dewy coverage which I like during summer. I can’t stand a full coverage foundation on a warm day. It is just too much for me.
- Estée Lauder Stay-In-Place Double Wear Flawless Concealer: Old favorite that I recently repurchased and I am so happy I did. Great product!
- Isadora Strobing Fluid Highlighter: I use this as a glowy base under my foundation and it gives my skin a very healthy look. I don’t really see myself using it as a highlighter on it’s own though. For that it is way too subtile for me (and I do appreciate a very natural glow from time to time). But it is good as a glowing base.
- Holika Holika Petit BB Cream Aqua: nice light weight, hydrating BB Cream. Not the most long lasting but good for a natural base.
- Artium All Day Lasting Primer: I put this in my bag because ut has SPF 44 and I expect the sun to be back in July. It has to be!
- Revolution Pro Supreme Highlighter PRO: I tried this highlighter palette just a little bit and I am so impressed with it. These give a intense metallic glow without the glitter. So I wanted to enjoy them on a daily basis for a while.
- Too Faced Chocolate Soilei Bronzer: My project pan bronzer. But it is a nice shade for me especially when I am a bit tanned. So until those sunny days arrive I can just fake it.
- Glo Minerals GloBlush “Papaya” : I had this in my daily makeup bag since February, and I can barely see any usage. The project pan blush that will never end. Hope I can get a bit more heavy handed with this in summer (as always I am hoping for that tan… A hope that never dies despite everything).
- YSL Créme De Blush- 2: Why was this limited edition? I managed to pick up two shades before they disappeared, but if they had 100 shades I would by them all. My all time favorite cream blush, and I looove myself some cream blush in summer!
- Colourpop Super Shock Highlighter “Lunch Money” : As you can tell, I do like it. It is perfect as a more subtle highlighter on sunny days. I am one of those who want a more natural highlighter if I am out in sunlight and prefer those more intense ones for winter, fall and to brighten up a full and grey day. Lunch Money is a perfect sunny summer shade.
- Lancôme Volume-a-Porter Mascara: I had this for a while so I think this is done when July is over. It gives a natural look but still with some length and volume. Really nice mascara if you don’t want the most dramatic finish.
And finally, I put down those project pan lippies for a while and I am going to enjoy some of my other pretty shades!
- Colourpop Lux Lipstick “Ghosted”: The darkest one of my selection. Still this looks pretty neutral on me since it is quite close to my natural lip-color.
- Revolution Pro Supreme Matte Lip Pigment “Semblance”: I am in the process of testing these out and so far so good! This is a really nice nude.
- Isadora Jelly Kiss Lipstick “Bare Bliss” : Very easy and comfy lipstick to wear. Comfy as a balm and nice for hot summer days.
- Charlotte Tilbury K.I.S.S.I.N.G Lipstick “Hepburn Honey”: Another lovely nude.
- Kiko Lipstick: This is old and I think not longer a part of the Kiko Lipstick range so I don’t really know the name of it (and it does not say on the tube) but it is a nice creamy lipstick in a nude shade.
- Kiko 3D Hydra Lipgloss – 08: Since it is summer I had to add a gloss as well. Somedays lipsticks are just too heavy for me and all I want is a nice and easy to wear gloss.
And I love a nice selection of eyeshadows to play around with like this one!
- Colourpop “Yes, Please” Eyeshadow Palette: I think I can possibly hit pan on one shade this month. As you may know this is one of my project pan palettes, but it is perfect for summer so I am happy to have it in my makeup bag for another month.
- Da Vinci Cosmetics Loose Eyeshadow ” Champagne”: I got this in a subscription box many years ago and I never really used it, so I will give it a go. Never really heard about this brand but it is crazy expensive! (Looks cheap though…..not the best combo in my opinion).
- Looxie Beauty Eyeshadows: I have a mix of Looxie and Colourpop in the 9-pan Z-Palette but the Looxie shades are (from left to right, top to bottom): Platinum Pink, Bubbly, Root Beer, Bohemian and Amber.
- Colourpop Pressed Powder Single Shadows: Kill Switch, Comeback Kid, Rascal and Night Show. All of these are a part of the festival collection they released in April.
As always I am excited to start fresh with a new fresh makeup bag. I find it really motivating and fun to being able to focus on a smaller selection of new and old products I like to show some proper attention. Now I feel ready for summer and sunny days!