May way fun. We have a lot of official hollidays here in Norway in may so I had very few full work weeks all month. I actually didn’t have any full work weeks. But now we are back in June and both work and personal life is more busy than ever. So, my makeup bag needed some new content!
This month I decided to put away every palette from my project pan and give some of my old small palettes and singles some time to shine. All of these shadows are more than two years actually, maybe except from that Kiko cream shadow, but even that one is close I think. So this month I will give some love to some old and forgotten things, and I am excited to get started with it.
- MAC Mineralize Eyeshadow – Snow Season.
- Tarina Tarantino Jewel Eyeshadow Palette “Wonderful” – I recently used this in a Throwback Thursday Makeup Look a couple of weeks ago, and realized how much I like this palette and that I want to use it more. So in June I will!
- Dior 5 Couleurs Eyeshdow Palette 646 “Montaigne” mini – Because it is super small and has some nice basic shades that will be nice to use with the rest.
- L’Oreal Color Riche “Macaron Vanille – Nice base shade.
- Nilens Jord Eyeshadow 635 – Nice Danish brand with good quality products. This nice bronzy brown is a great shade all over the lid.
- Nilens Jord Eyeshadow 623 – Also a very nice lid or inner corner shade.
- Mac Paint Pot “Rubenesque” – Will be nice as a base for many of the shades in the Clinique palette or just on its own.
- Kiko Metallic Shine Eyeshadow – Beautiful taupe grey cream shadow with shimmer. A nice lid shade for a cool-toned look.
- Clinique Eyes To Go Colour Surge Eye Shadow Palette – A bunch of soft shades perfect for spring and early summer.
Not too much gas chanced in the face product department because I can’t put down these products if I want to pan them, particularly the blush. But I did add some new fun stuff as well to mix things up!
- History of Woo Jewel Powder – My project pan powder. Huge and never ending, but it is a nice good quality powder at least.
- Bergamo Magic Snail B.B Cream – Also from my project pan. I don’t think there is too much left so a fair chance of finishing this in June. I do think I will pick up a new one when I am done.
- Holika Holika Moisturizing Petit BB Cream – A tiny bit lighter than the Bergamo one, but it will work as a backup if I run out of the other one.
- Aritaum All Day Lasting Primer – This is a transfer from last month. Not a product I want to pan, but I really like this as a primer in summer because of it’s high value of SPF.
- GloMinerals Globlush “Papaya” – Transfer from last month and every other month since January. Never ending project pan blush. I maaaay start seeing some wear on this. Not close to a dent but at least it looks like it’s been used.
- Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour blush “Majesty” – Really nice matte peachy blush.
- The Body Shop Honey Bronze Highlighting Dome – Got this a while and tried it two times. I did not really like it all that much, but I am giving it a new chance since I usually like cream products in summer. Maybe this will work better for me now.
- Too Faced Chocolate Solil Matte Bronzing Powder – Project pan bronzer. Transfer from last month. This is a good shade for me in summer so I will hopefully do some good damage. As you can tell from the packaging it is really old (the new packaging is so much prettier).
- MAC Mineralize Blush “Fresh Honey” – This is so pretty. Old favorite of mine. MACs mineralize blushes gives such a nice finish to the cheeks!
Finally I am doing something I havent done in a long time. Added some fun lip colors! I have been focusing so much on my four project pan lippies but now that I finished two and are very close to finish the third I decided to add some more fun stuff to the mix this month. My forth project pan lippie is not a good color for me when I am tan anyway so I have to give it a break until my tan wears of in the fall. Until then: Playtime!
- L’Oreal Mega Volume Miss Baby Roll Mascara – Giving this mascara it’s final month as my everyday mascara. Then it is time for it to hit the bin, because it is betting old.
- ELF Brow Pencil – My usual everyday brow pencil is running out this month (I think) so this one is ready to take over the job.
- Anastasia Glow Kit “Sun Dipped” – It must me well over a year since this one was used the last time, so time to give a good old glow kit some time to shine. What’s good about this is that is has shade to match my expected gradual June tan.
- Colourpop Lux Lipstick “Quickie” – Nice everyday nude in a regular lipstick form.
- Makeup Revolution Pro Fix Illuminating Setting Spray – This does nothing to illuminate as far as I can see, but it does set my makeup and melts everything nicely together.
- Smashbox Always On Liquid Lipstick “Drivers Seat” – Nice everyday nude. A bit of a darker nude but it works really well for me since my lips are quite pigmented in the first place. And the formula of this is exceptional!
- KissMe lipgloss “Fiancé” – Nice baby pink gloss.
- Too Faced Lip Injection gloss (name unknown) – My project pan gloss that is almost empty. Crossing my fingers that June will be our last month together.
- MAC Plushglass “Fashion Fanatic” – Another pink gloss. I really like gloss this time of year.
- H&M Lipstick “Arabesque” – High-shine, low pigment, glossy and comfortable. Perfect for summer as well.
It is always so nice to start every month fresh with new content in my everyday bag. For me this is whats keep me excited to put on makeup in the morning, and I can’t wait to get some use out of these products. I am especially happy about giving some much needed attention to my older eyeshadows. With new stuff coming in all the time it is hard to remember to use those old gems, so I am happy to spent a whole month with some old friends.
What is your strategy? Do you rotate your makeup or do you pick from your whole collection every day?