Powder to the people! Sorry, that is so cheesy. But I do like powders and don’t know how I would do without them in my everyday routine. I use a powder every single day to set my face, and a good powder can really lift a look to the next level.
Considering this is a product I use everyday I think my collection is fairly reasonable. However, I am trying not to pick up any more powders. I want to try to finish a few of the powders I know I won’t repurchase again when I run out in addition to the powder I have in my project pan. So when those items are gone I will be left only with powders I truly love. What a great feeling!
Anyway, lets start with the good part or what? The gems of my powder collection. The Guerlain Meteorites!
As you may be able to tell, I collect these. Every time Guerlain release a new powder that I fancy the packaging of I pick it up. These are more collection items, and besides the original that I can easily repurchase, I rarely use them. Still, they are highly treasured.
- Guerlain Météorites Perlees Du Paradis (Limited Edition 2012).
- Guerlain Météorites Perles De Légende (Limited Edition Holliday 2016).
- Guerlain Météorites Gold Pearl (Limited Edition Holliday 2017).
- Guerlain Météorites Perles D’Azur Emilio Pucci (Limited Edition Summer 2012).
- Guerlain Météorites (Original) – 2 Clair.
- Guerlain Météorites Perles Du Dragon (Limited Edition 2012).
I truly love these guys and will hopefully fancy one or two during this year to pick up. I already got my hopes up for the holiday collection since I usually really like them. Fingers crossed!
- Skinfood Buckwheat Loose Powder – This is so incredible fine milled and looks great. In addition it is so cheap (unfortunately so is the packaging).
- Smashbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder – This looks soooo beautiful on the skin and is a big favorite in the dryer winter months. Will always repurchase this!
- Lancôme Poudre Majeure Excellence – Good powder, but nothing exceptional. Want to finish this one and will not repurchase.
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish (Light Plus) – This is a repurchase, and will continue to repurchase. Porcelain skin in a compact!
- The Balm Sexy Mama Translucent Powder – Great for those days when your forehead wants to steal the show and shine. This powder tones it down and let’s my highlighter take over the show instead. I will always pick up a new one of these. Plus, super cute packaging.
- History of Whoo Jewel Powder – Good loose powder, but the container is just too big and clumpy and takes up too much space. Even though the powder itself is really nice I am working on this for my project pan and will not pick up a new one once I am done.
- Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Skin Perfecting Micro-Powder – Does exactly what the name said it will, and is totally worth all the hype. I have less than half left and I am considering picking up a backup already. I will always always have this in my collection!
- Dior Diorskin Nude Natural Glow Fresh Powder Makeup – Beautiful loose powder. I want to finish this since it is quite old, but I will pick up a new one for sure. So pretty!
- Hope Girl Powder Compact – Fun packaging, but the product is a bit6 lackluster. It works fine enough but nothing I will repurchase. Hope to finish this one too!.
- Kiko Matte Fusion Pressed Powder – This one is almost done, so I hope to finish it soon. It does not keep me matte at all despite its name. I usually really like Kiko face powders but this one was a miss. Does an OK job setting makeup, but does nothing for shine. Will finish it but not repurchase.
So overall, 5 powders I want to finish but only one of them will be a repurchase so my collection should decline with 4 powders before I pick up a new one (let’s just say limited edition Guerlain stuff is an exception). The total amount of powders are 17. I am actually quite proud of that.
I have my eyes on that Becca powder though, and think I will treat myself with it when I get through those 5 I want to finish, but for now I think I am good with powders.
And you? How is your collection? Do you prefer keeping just one or two that you use, or are you a collector who likes to try new things and have a collection to match? Let me know about your powder collection in the comments!