It is may, and finally spring and time to change up my daily makeup bag with fun spring colors. And some products form my project pan off course! What are your favorites makeup items for spring? I love using brighter colors and pastels on the eyes, and I usually switch my lip products to a light weight lipstick or a gloss. I also love cream products for spring and summer.
Once again I kept the amount of items fairly small since I am working on panning things and don’t want too many choices. So here are the goodies for May!
For face products I picked a primer with spf and some more lightweight BB creams. One of my big summer favorites are the Guerlain Lingerie De Peau, but I am working on panning these guys so I will have do to with my absolute favorite for weekends (This is my everyday get-ready-for-work-makeup by the way. I will use different products on weekends). But lets go through these items one by one:
- Bergamo Magic Snail BB Cream: I really like the finish (dewy) of this BB Cream and how natural but perfecting it looks on the skin. Right now the color is just right. It is slightly off in winter, and a bit too light in summer, but now that the sun is back here in the north and I got a tiny tiny bit of color to my face it is just right.
- Holika Holika Petit BB Cream Moisturizing: This is a transfer from Aprils makeup bag. Also a BB Cream I am panning. I really do like this, and it looks very skin like. Light to medium coverage which is all I need this time of year I feel. This will soon be too light for me, but since I am panning it I hope to get a good amount of use out of it before that.
- Aritaum All Day Lasting Primer: I picked this mainly because it has SPF 44, and I like to have a primer with SPF this time of year because I work outside and in the sun all day (except when is hails, snows or rains, which honestly is much more typical in May).
- Mario Badescu Facial Spray: My plan is to use this to set my makeup. I so far only used this as a facial spray and it did not do much for me in that department, so I am testing its ability to set the makeup. I guess it will not prolong the wear-time but I hope it will get rid of powderiness and give a nice finish to the skin.
- History of Woo Jewel Powder: Also a transfer from last month. This container of powder is huuuge, and since it is a part of my project pan I need to focus on using it. It is a good loose powder though, so I am enjoying the process.
- Maybelline Instant Anti-Age Protect & Cover Concealer: Because we all need a concealer right?
For blush, bronzer and highlighter I picked out a mix of old favorites and project pan items.
- Too Faced Bronzer Chocolate Soleil: This is the old packaging. The old old packaging actually. Looks much more pretty now with their new packaging but this old guy still works.
- H&M Illumination Powder: The color is pretty standard for a highlighter, but the formula and look on the skin is very stunning indeed. Absolutely impressive for a cheap H&M makeup item!
- Kevin Aucoin The Celestial Powder: Old school highlighter. This gives more of a sublte candlelit glow instead of that beaming sunray glow, but sometimes I prefer it simple. An this is perfect for those days. This is a good old favorite I’ve had for many years.
- Glominerals Blush “Papaya”: A transfer from last months makeup bag. And the month before that. And the month before that. This is my project pan blush, but I amover 1/3 through my project and I still can’t see much progress. I guess I just have to keep working.
- Milani Baked Blush “Luminoso”: This is not that old, because I got it maybe a year ago, but it definately is a favorite. It will be good reaching for this from time to time to get a small break from “Papaya”.
- Makeup Mekka Blush “Rose Bud”: I don’t own much from this brand, mostly because I tend to not like their products (I have tried plenty), but these old blushes they had are actually really good. I have three shades and I keep reaching for them even though they are cheap and old. They are pigmented, blend easy and look nice on the skin. Discontinued a long time ago of course, but I still like to pick them up and use them. It is always fun when “underdog makeup” proves me wrong and impress me.
- L’Oreal Shine Delicieux Lipstick in shade 130: Transfer from last month. Project pan lippie. Not much left now. Maybe I will see the end of this in May.
- Korres Mango Butter Lipstick: Same as above. I don’t think I have many days wear left (I always seem to underestimate how much is left though).
- Too Faced Lip Injection: Also a project pan that is transferred from last month. I did not get much use out of it though, but I really like to wear gloss during summer and spring, so I will hopefully get some more usage out of it now.
- Buxom Full On Lip Creme “April” : Not a project pan, but I need a little bit of variation. I start to feel that I will be happy when I am done finishing these lip products in my project and can just focus on playing more around with my collection instead of focusing on just a few things. I love the progress of panning something though, but it will be nice to get some time to reach over bigger parts of my collection.
And the fun part in the end! The Colourpop Yes Please palette is also in my project pan, but I haven’t touched it so far, so I will get a fresh new palette to work with. Exciting! I added some single pans from Nabla too just because they did not get much attention lately, and variatio is good. Besides that green is perfect for spring! The L’Oreal Paradise Extatic mascara is a big favorite. I got this one in February so I should probably toss this when May is over.
Do you rotate the content of your makeup bag? Or do you stick to your full collection at any time?