Time for another monthly makeup bag rotation and update. Picking out products for my monthly makeup bag have been quite easy lately because I have my project pan products to work on. So sorry for the repetition from previous months. I do love picking out my selection of products I will use for my everyday makeup each month. I get so much motivation to test out and wear my makeup. I think this is the big reason why I don’t just skip it and sleep an extra 20 minutes every morning. I just get inspired when I mix up my daily makeup routine regularly. Do you rotate your makeup in some sort of way?
This is what I will work in this month:
Off course I have to add some stuff I am not working on panning just to have some variation. I am getting quite bored by using the same blush to be honest. Even though I really like the quality and the shade of the blush I am panning, I kind of feel that I can’t see much progress on it. Is it even possible to pan a blush I start to wonder? I am sure it is, I just wish I could see more progress. I guess I just have to keep on working and eventually some change must show up.
The base products are these guys:
- NYX Angel Veil Primer – Not something I am panning, just a nice smoothing base.
- Holika Holika Petit BB Cream Bouncing – This one I am trying to pan. I really like the Holike Holika BB Creams and I may even repurchase this when I run out.
- Wet N’ Wild Photofocus Concealer – A new product I am trying to get to know. Hopefully it works well.
- Makeup Revolution Pro Illuminating Fixing Spray – I have no idea why they call this illuminating because I see no such quality of this product, but the mist is fine and it makes my makeup set nice so it’s OK.
- History of Woo Jewel Powder – I use this again this month. It is a massive jar of powder and I am working on panning it just because the container is soooo big and it clogs up the space in my powder drawer. I can fit 4 powders in the space this takes. So even though I really like it I want to pan it and get rid of it just for the size. It will probably take me all year though. It is never ending!
For highlighters, blush and bronzer I have this nice collection to pick from:
- Makeup Revolution Liquid Highlighter “Starlight” – I like this one just as much as my Cover FX custom enhancer drops. My preferred way of using it is to mix it with my foundation for a nice health glow.
- Essence Pure Nude Highlighter “Be My Highlight” – I mention this in my favorites before, because I absolutely love it. Can be a all over subtle glow, or be built up as a nice cheek highlighter. I just had to have it in my makeup bag again because I missed having it in my everyday routine. It is just perfect for everyday makeup looks.
- MAC Cream Color Base “Pearl” – This cream highlighter also gives a gorgeous more subtle glow. This is one of my first highlighters actually. One of the highlighters I had some years ago when my highlighter collection counted only three products. This one, The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer and MAC Soft & Gentle.
- The Balm Cabana Boy Blush – Nice blush with fun packaging. I haven’t used it too much so I want to get some more use out of it.
- Glominerals Blush “Papaya” – My never ending project pan blush. I like it, but progress is so slow!
- NARS Blush “‘Zen” – I actually use this more as a bronzer because the slightly pink undertone makes it really nice and natural on my winter skin. This is a project pan product that I might hit pan on this month. If I don’t I will have to wait until fall again because I expect the color to not match that well by the end of April.
- Everyday Minerals Blush “Summer Stroll” – I have quite a few of these blushers, but since I am a bit over that trend when everything was a loose powder I rarely use these blushes. This is a very nice color though, and I really should try to use these more.
Not that many lipsticks this month either. Three of these are in my project pan and that’s why I picked out so few. I hope to finish at least one of them in April or May, and I need to get to work to make that happen. I had to throw in a new gloss to get something else too.
- NYX Butter Gloss “Crème Brulee” – Just a nice simple gloss to use when I am sick of my project pan lippies.
- L’Oreal Shine Delicieux Lipstick in shade 130 – Project pan lipstick. I hope to focus on this now because when I get a bit more tan, this color does not suit me, so it’s just better on my winter complexion.
- Korres Mango Butter Lipstick “Neutral Pink” – Project pan lipstick. I have really been enjoying this actually. The colro is perfect for every day and the formula is so comfy and buttery. I also love that it has SPF and shea butter.
- Too Faced Lip Injection – My last project pan lippie. I finished the other gloss recently which leaves me with three lippies to finish. that should work well!
Finally, the most interesting part! I had to put the Zoeva En Taupe in for another month. I am very close to hitting pan on the base shade in the upper left corner, but I also have some pretty decent dents in the third and forth shade in the top row. I hope to hit pan on at least one of these shades my the end of April.
Just to mix things up I put together a 9 pan palette with Makeupgeek single shadows. I feel I get too little use out of my single pans which is a shame so I will try to remember adding some of them to my makeup bag every month. I got some good use out of my 10-pan Inglot palette last month as well, so I hope to keep up the trend. After all I love collecting single pans and should aim to get more usage out of them.
So, not too many product this month since I’m working hard on panning, but hopefully that will give some exciting panning results in the end.