New year, new month, new content in my makeup bag!
If you haven’t read any of my previous “what is in my makeup bag?” – posts let me just quickly explain. Every month I select products I will keep in my makeup bag to use when I do my makeup for work. I will use a lot of additional products in the weekends, if I reapply in the evening or just when I play around with makeup, but these products are what I will use for my work friendly day-face through January.
As you may see I got two sets here. The reason is that I usually run to work every day, and take a shower and do my makeup there. Since I sustained injury a few months ago I had to stop running for a while, but I am now getting started again. However, I can’t run 10 km every day straight away so I need a little time to regain my usual fitness, so to avoid overwork-injuries I also bike to work a few days a week to give my legs a rest from running. The days I bike I eat breakfast and get ready at home so that is why you see two different pictures. The top picture is the makeup I keep at work to get ready after running in the morning, and the bottom picture are the products I will keep at home when I get ready there.
Hopefully I will regain my stamina during January so that I can go back to running every morning by the beginning of February. So fingers crossed I will only need one makeup bag by next update.
The makeup bag I will keep at work has a lot of goodies!
- Colourpop Golden State Of Mind – This palette only has shimmer shadows but I mean for it to compliment all the matte shades in the Tartelette Pro palette. I love myself a little shimmer even for day makeup!
- Tarte Tartelette Pro Eyeshadow Palette – Brand new unused palette that I am really excited about. Lots of lovely wearable mattes. I usually really like the Tarte eyeshadow formula aswell!
- Makeup Revolution Pro Fix Illuminating Fixing Spray – Because I always need to finish my makeup with a spray.
- It’s Skin Prestige Make-up Gold Base – Nice lifting, firming moisturizing and softly illuminating primer.
- Guerlain Lingerie De Peau Founation – My holy grail foundation!
- Mac Lipstick Patesserie – Nude pinky beige with flecks of gold shimmer and lustre finish.
- MakeupGeek Plush Matte “Marriage Material” – Lovely matte liquid lipstick in a nice rosy mauve.
- Too Faced Mood Swing lipgloss – Berry toned gloss with high shine.
- Nabla Liquid Lipstick “Roses” – As the name suggest a rosy liquid lip.
- Tarte Skin Twinkle lighting palette – 2 shimmery and 1 matte highlighter. Excited to test this out since it is still brand new!
- Linda Hallberg Infinity palette – face powders and eyeshadow all in one.
- Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer – We all know this one right? Nice bronzer especially for winter skin.
- Maybelline Master Chrome Metallic Highlighter “Molten Rose Gold” – A nice color alternative to the now so famous Molten Gold highlighter in the same range.
- Maybelline Great Lash Mascara – Not so great, but I try to use it one last month before it expires. Trashing it would be a waist, and it is not awful so I can deal with this a bit more.
- Chanel Correcteur Concealer – Lovely concealer. Have no idea why I never see anyone talk about it.
- Maybelline Master Strobing Liquid – Because I need something to mix with the foundation the day I want some extra glow!
- Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Skin Perfecting Micro- Powder – One of my very favorite powders. Lovely porcelen-doll-like finish.
- Tarte Amazonian Clat 12 hour blush “Splendor” – Because I need to try the new blushes I got in the holiday kit.
- Tarte Amazonian Clat 12 hour blush “Majesty” – Because I need to try the new blushes I got in the holiday kit.
I am as always very exited both to try out new products and revisit old favorites. One of the products I am a bit extra excited about is the Infinity palette by Linda Hallberg. I think it is so exciting that a makeup artist I have been following and admiring the talent of for years and years now have her own brand. This palette looks so incredibly clever too! You got everything for a basic eye look, and all the basic face powders all in one palette. I am excited to try this out properly, and I will definitely write a review when I got to try it enough.
I do have a lot of fun stuff in the makeup bag I have to leave at home too! I actually have quite a bit of products I am working on panning, and I am expecting to finish some of them completely.
- Bobbi Brown Highlighting Powder “Pink Glow” – New highlighter. Looks very promissing and I already like their classic shimmer bricks so I hope this will be as good!
- Z-palette with Colourpop pressed powder eyeshadows – I have off course played a lot around with many of my pressed powder shadows before. They are great! But most of these I did not have the chance to try yet. But the shades looks gorgeous!
- Zoeva Offline Eyeshadow Palette – Also new and unused.
- L’Oreal Infallible Mattifying base – Just your typical silicone primer.
- The Balm Sexy Mama Translucent Powder – Not much left of this now. I am aiming to finish this powder soon.
- Oriflame Visions Peach Me Perfect Skin Glow – Had this for years, and I can’t stand it. It is so gooey and sticky on the face and just looks weird on me. It does have a faint shimmer so I put it in my makeup bag just to remember to use it (I hate throwing stuff) on my arms and legs to give them a glow. I think that works better than putting it on my face.
- Esteè Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Concealer – Almost gone. Trying to finish up the last bit this month. This concealer has fantastic staying power!
- Holika Holika Petit BB Cream Moisturizing – Nice Korean BB Cream. Cheap and good.
- Esteè Lauder Ultra Brilliance High Gloss – I think this is in the shade “Berry” but the name worn of. I like this gloss, but it is getting old.
- Colourpop Lippie Stix “Cookie” – Nice nude, and we all need those for everyday looks!
- Kiko Gossamer Emotion Creamy Lipstick “106 – Mauve” – One of my favorite lipstick formulas from Kiko, I got four different shades but decided to stick with this one for now.
- Clarins Fix Makeup setting spray – I really like this, and it is almost empty so I may get to finish it this month.
- Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Blush “Traveled” – New and unused.
- Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Blush “Journey” – Also this one is new.
- Nilens Jord 100 % Natural Minerals 530 – Old favorite of my bronzing powders
And that is all of them! Quite a list to get through, but I am as usual exited to play around with new and old products. There is just something exciting about changing up the makeup bag and making myself try out and explore more of my stuff!
I hope that if my knees won’t start arguing about running I will be able to run to work every day by February so you won’t have to have so many doubles of products next month. But until then I have tons of options both home and at work. Yay!
Do you have something new and exciting in your makeup bag? Or maybe you have a old favorite you would like to share?